POSITION: YOUTH PARTY AND EVENT STAFF LEADER
Purpose of Position:
To provide and lead a fun, rewarding, enjoyable, and safe fitness and athletic experience for a group of athletes and non-athletes during parties and events while they learn individual and team fitness, obstacle skills, sportsmanship, teamwork, the rewards of overcoming obstacles, and an overall unforgettable experience.
- Setup and preparation of the event space in anticipation of the host and guest arrivals with or without assistance.
- Greet party hosts and guests in a positive and upbeat way setting the stage for the fun event they are about to have. Explain the party format to set proper expectations and establish yourself as the point of contact for the event.
- Assist with the check-in of guests and waiver compliance
- Lead the warm-up activities associated with the event
- Lead and preside over the party and event, including the group activities and games, assuring the event starts on time, runs through its stages timely and ends on time.
- Coach and assist all participants on skill development, safety, fair play, sportsmanship, fun, and obstacle completion
- Ensure equal review and attention of all members, regardless the skill or activity level.
- Lead by example by representing leadership qualities to both the kids and staff.
- Assist in the serving of food and dessert to party guests, including setup and cleanup.
- Adhere to King’s Camps and Fitness policies, rules, and objectives
- Responsible for maintaining care of all King’s Camps and Fitness equipment and obstacles and report when maintenance is required
- Work to establish and build team unity and spirit
- Report any injury, scrapes, or cuts to the head coach. Call 911 for any severe injury.
- Be accessible by phone or email
- Desire to work with children
- Desire to work in the fitness industry
- Desire to learn and grow within the role
- Desire to lead others
- Ability to work with others
- Possess organizational skills, patience, maturity, dependability, and a positive attitude
- Sound Character, strong morals, values, and personal ethics
- Be available at the times when classes and meetings are held
- Completed King’s Camps and Fitness packet and background check (including fingerprinting)
- Signed coaches job description and coaches’ contract before beginning of work
- Ability to work weekends and possibly evenings
- Regular attendance at coaches’ meetings upon notification.
- Communicate program information to parents and members.